Friday, March 6, 2009

Obseity Ain't Just a River in Egypt

I grew up in Texas, home of the deep-fat-fried twinkie.
My mother and I, in a fit of genius, once melted Kraft caramel squares down and dipped marshmallows into the goo.
I've been known to eat butter straight and an entire can of frosting with my fingers.

My traditional "last supper" before starting a diet is Easy Mac and a tube of cookie dough.

It's no surprise to me that I struggle with my weight. I just like food too damn much. The high I get from turtle cheesecake is akin to shooting heroin between my toes (I have never actually shot heroin between my toes, so turtle cheesecake may, in fact, be better).

When my husband sent me the link for ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com, I realized that I should be mostly disgusted by the pictures... but I am deeply admiring.


That's a giant burger between two large meat pizzas, eggs, bacon, colby and pepper jack cheese.

There's also a Deep Fried Cupcake With Chocolate Syrup And Sprinkles. French fries topped with cheese curds, egg, bacon and covered in brown gravy. French Fry-Encased Hot Dog On A Stick. Here's a Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf With A Layer Of Mac And Cheese.


Check it out and enjoy the mild queasiness mixed with deep hunger...

No comments: